2nd International Conference on MARINE/MARITIME SPATIAL PLANNING
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC-UNESCO) and Directorate-General for Maritime Affairs and Fisheries
- Explore how MSP can be used to address global challenges (climate change, ABNJ, poverty, safety and sufficiency of food for a growing population)
- Explore its potential for ocean based industry, its potential for boosting jobs, growth and innovation.
- Reflect on how to accelerate the processus of MSP worldwide
- Spread knowledge on specific themes (ecosystem approach, cross border MSP, stakeholder engagement)
- Spread knowledge on the process itself (drivers and goals to initiate MSP, the scope and design of MSP).
- Build trust between actors, create a shared vision