The 2nd Atlantic Project Awards ceremony was held during the 4th Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference in Glasgow on November 8, 2017. The Atlantic Project Awards, this year were presented by the members of the Atlantic Strategy Group (ASG), are designed to honour outstanding success stories, achieved by projects in the geographical area covered by the Atlantic Strategy and that are related to the implementation of the Atlantic Action Plan.
The winners of the 6 categories of the 2nd Atlantic Project Awards ceremony are:
- Entrepreneurship & innovation: EcoPonics implemented by Samraekt ehf
- Atlantic Marine and coastal environment: MISTIC SEAS implemented by Regional Fund for Science and Technology (FRCT)
- Accessibility and connectivity: TAPAS implemented by University of Stirling
- Sustainability: MAREA implemented by Communauté d'Agglomération Pays Basque
- International Cooperation: RaiaCo implemented by the Direccion Xeral de Calidade Ambiental e Cambio Climático, Xunta de Galicia
- a Special Award was given to Tejiendo Mares de Solidaridad implemented by IAIA Association