This scheme is specifically designed to assist all those directly involved or soon to be involved in implementing the landing obligation. Eligibility is limited to fishermen; organisations of fishermen; fishermen’s co-operatives; and processors.
This call will fund projects with the following characteristics:
- Particular attention is paid to the promotion of operations which integrate producing, processing and marketing activities of the supply chain, or which consist of innovative processes or methods;
- This scheme will also support the processing of unwanted catches;
Finally, the scheme will assist those in the wider seafood sector, including those not directly affected by the landing obligation, to achieve the goals of the Common Fisheries Policy, by:
- Facilitating the transition to a sustainable exploitation of living marine biological resources;
- Reducing the impact of fishing on the marine environment;
- Improving the added value and quality of unwanted catches landed from commercial stocks in accordance with technical measures and/or using methods with low impact on the environment;
- Improving the hygiene, health and working conditions of fishermen operating such vessels;
- Increasing the quality, control and traceability of the products landed;
- Contributing to environmental protection and improving safety and working conditions.
NationalSector of Activity:
Fish for human consumption