Sectors of Activity: Funding other:
Neptune is an accommodation, training and professional integration project for twelve young persons aged 18 to 25, which takes place on board a schooner of 42 m.
The schooner will mainly sail in coastal navigation on the French and Spanish Atlantic coasts from Bilbao to Bayonne, and will go exceptionally to Bordeaux.
This is a pioneering initiative in France. Actually, educational and therapeutic care is supplemented by vocational training leading to a Diploma "professional title of cooking", to which is added the "basic safety training" (allow navigation). The Diploma "professional title of cooking"
gives young people the opportunity to obtain a contract of employment with shipping companies on board of tourist liners. This sector is particularly looking for young graduates in cooking for tourist cruises. It also makes it possible to hire young people in restaurants on land.
On board the schooner the crew imposes a rigor and a discipline which benefits very quickly to the teenagers.
The crew (1 captain, 1 mechanic, 2 sailors-cooks) is a Franco-Spanish
The team of management and psycho-educational is of Spanish nationality:
- a coordinating director who supervises the crew and the educational and therapeutic teams, plans the activities, manages the budget ... He is the mediator between the crew and the psycho-educational team. It coordinates the voyages between the different ports of the Spanish and French coasts, he is the link with the Spanish owners of the schooner ...
- the psycho-educational team consists of 4 people who form 2 teams of 2 , who can thus work on board alternately: 2 educators or instructors-educators, 2 cooking instructors.
Subvention, sponsoring, patronage.
- Public : Regional and local bodies : General Council Pyrénées Atlantiques
- Private : Contribution of users, sales of products, private sponsorship
Work integration for young persons, speciality cooking on boat.Beneficiaries:
Young persons from 18 to 25 years old with difficulties :
- school failure,
- family discharges,
- cultural identity ....
- unemploymentMain activities:
Training in cooking on board of a ship.
Training, and at the end job.Timetable:
Geographical target area:
- 2017 : preparation of the project (ship, crew…)
- 2018 : first year of experimentatal cruises and operational cruises
- 2019 : the continuity of the proyect
France, Spain Countries: Budget:
240 000 €Name of Organisation:
ASSOCIATION EAUX SKADI
Maison Gure Arroka - Igel Karrika