The European Commission is in the process of shaping a new comprehensive approach to the blue economy. In this virtual meeting, we will present its general concept and orientations. Representatives of regions, clusters and NGOs as well as scientists and finance experts will give us their outlook on challenges to tackle and opportunities to grab. Most importantly, we will be listening to you, to your reactions and your ideas on a sustainable blue economy.
You will be able to submit your ideas and comments during the conference itself and/or in writing.
Register now to obtain the link for the free webinar and help us shape the blue economy of the future.
- Introduction by the European Commission
- Panel discussion
- M. Arjen Uytendaal, President of the European Network of Maritime Clusters (ENMC)
- Eleni Marianou - Secretary General of the Conference of Peripheral Maritime Regions (tbc)
- Mrs. Monika Verbeek, Executive director, Sea at Risk
- Dr. Torsten Thiele, Senior Research Associate at the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies (IASS) in Potsdam
- Professor Sheila JJ Heymans, Executive Director of the European Marine Board
- Open debate with audience
Pannel discussion will be moderated by Christos Economou, acting director, DG MARE.
Should you have any question, please contact: MARE-A3-SBE@ec.europa.eu.
Background documents will be soon published on the event page.