5th Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference, 23-24 October 2018, Vigo, Spain
|Event Information||Presentations / Outcomes||Photo Gallery|
- Practical Information [PDF ]
- Exhibitor Guidelines & Application form [PDF ] Register your stand by September 28, 2018
- Guidelines for Workshop Organisers [PDF ]
|The annual Atlantic Stakeholder Platform Conference offers a great transnational publicity opportunity to deliver the AAP key messages and further promote awareness of its achievements. The annual conference is the central hub for stakeholders of the Atlantic Strategy to meet, seek ways of cooperation, share information and identify funding and financial opportunities and partnerships for their projects and business.|
ASPC 2018 theme will be on actions to boost youth employment in the maritime domain and will gather political leaders, maritime clusters, enterprises, academic institutions, funding donors and investors from all across the Atlantic seaboard. More specifically, this conference will focus on how to pursue a career in the maritime sector, how to obtain the necessary skills and embrace innovation without negatively affecting employment in the Atlantic area, while at the same time emphasising present opportunities for project development relevant to the Atlantic strategy and to the objectives of the Atlantic Action Plan.
Prominence will also be given to the international dimension of the Atlantic Strategy as it is embodied in the Galway Statement on Atlantic Ocean Cooperation with United States of America and Canada, in the Atlantic research cooperation with Brazil and South Africa and in the cooperation with adjacent sea macro-regions/basins (Baltic, Mediterranean, Black Sea).
The format proposed for the event comprises:
- An introductory plenary session including the Atlantic Project Award Ceremony at which the "3rd Atlantic Project Awards" will be delivered.
- Two rounds of five parallel workshops that will be selected through an open call for workshops. The call was closed on May 28th, 2018.
- #BlueInvest goes local: following the successful BlueInvest 2018, the European Commission is now bringing Blue Invest to the different sea-basins. Participate at the first one for the Atlantic! Blue Invest is a match-making event that brings together innovators and investors to boost the economic potential of the ocean. 6 companies will be selected to pitch in front of a panel of investors. The call for application is now closed.
- A half-day business-to-business networking session, under the auspices of the Enterprise Europe Network, aiming to help maritime business operators and service suppliers connect, innovate and grow internationally. Registrations for the networking session are now open till October 15th, 2018.
- A closing plenary session including the presentation of the workshop outcomes.
Finally, ASPC 2018 will host a dedicated exhibition area with stands from award project winners, networks and organizations, key stakeholders among which workshop organizers, other stakeholders exhibiting documentation, promotional material, and videos and the Support Team Help Desk.