Specific objectives of this priority include:
1. fostering better knowledge of social challenges in the Atlantic area
Exchanging best practice on enhancing the health, social inclusion and well-being of coastal populations and developing appropriate and usable marine socio-economic indicators to measure, compare and follow trends in the development of the blue economy;
2. preserving and promoting the Atlantic's cultural heritage
Combating seasonality and improving prospects for SMEs through diversification of maritime and coastal tourism products and development of niche markets by investing in:
- marine sport, marinas and nautical leisure activities;
- port services, including those for cruise passengers;
- identifying and promoting cultural and natural attractions of the Atlantic seaboard such as artisanal fishing, local cuisine and maritime heritage;
- protecting and restoring tourist attractions, including coastal and underwater cultural attractions and maritime heritage sites, with archaeological, ecological or historical value (*).
* following as appropriate the principles of the 2001 UNESCO Convention on the Protection of the Underwater Cultural Heritage.